Friday 24 June 2011

Dancing on an Easel

Hi, I just loved making this cute twisting easel card. The card lies flat but as you open it the card twists a 1/4 turn. It looks really impressive but is so easy to do. I followed the wonderful tutorial by Pam Sparks : Just remember to make the angle fold the right direction - hmmm guess what I did!! My husband is not sure that the recipent would know how to open this to the easel so I might have to add instructions LOL!! This is the unopened card:
And here it is opened up. I cut off part of the background to make the image look like a pop up. I also double mounted the butterflys to make them look a little 3D on the base sheet. The creamy cloth flowers are actually from a ribbon which I trimmed to seperated the little daisies.

Marci is coloured with watercolour pencils with a few stickles.


Have a great day, thanks for looking,
L. meg

Stamps: La-la land, Hero Arts, Autumn Leaves
Punches: Martha Stewart, SU
Colouring: watercolour pencils
Other: Pearls, stickles, flower ribbon
Paper: MME

Challenges:
Paper Sundaes: Easels and Twisted Easels
Stamp Scrap and Doodle: Photo Inspiration
Hooked on Craft: Anything goes
7 Kids Challenge Blog:Something Soft/fluffy
La-La land Gallery:Pearls, lace, punches
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That's soooo lovely - what a sweet little image. Your colouring is excellent and you've made such a pretty card.
    Thank you for joining us at SSDS this week.
    Ike xx
    SSDS DT + Sponsor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie, I am loving this gorgeous work, thank you for popping it in our La La Land craft's Gallery, big hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally adorable card, I love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Sundaes. x

    ReplyDelete